Small Business SEO Stats 2017
We recently wrote an article on why your business needs SEO, in which we discuss all the benefits SEO can have on the performance of your website in the search results, however; we understand that sometimes words just don’t cut it and you need cold hard proof.
As we’re coming up towards the end of the year there is no greater time to look at some SEO stats for 2017 to show you that other small businesses just like yours are investing in SEO more than ever before and if you don’t, you’ll fall behind.
- Search engines are the starting point of 93% of all online experiences
- 75% of all users never scroll past the first page of Google
- 60% of all organic clicks go to the top 3 organic search results
- In 2016, 52% of small businesses invested in SEO. 74% of all small businesses are expected to have invested in SEO in 2017.
- In 2016, 40% of small businesses invested in PPC. 65% of all small businesses are expected to have invested in PPC in 2017.
- Leads generated from SEO have an average close rate of 14.6% – compared to cold-calling and print advertising which have close rates of 1.7%.
- 57% of B2B businesses confirm that SEO generates more sales and traffic than any other marketing technique
- Search engines drive 300% more traffic to sites than social media
- 78% of location based searches on mobile devices lead to an offline purchase
- Since 2015, more searches are done on mobile devices than on desktop devices each day.
- 75% of all internet use will be mobile in 2017, up from 71% in 2016.
- 40% of users browsing on a mobile device will leave a site if it says longer than 3 seconds to load
- Marketers see SEO as becoming more effective, with 82% of professionals reporting effectiveness of SEO is on the rise
- 62% of B2B businesses and 51% of B2C businesses have optimized their websites for mobile in order to improve their SEO
- Webmasters have seen traffic increases to their site of up to 1,000% after improving their existing content to add more value
Looking to put a solid SEO strategy in place for 2018? Get in touch with the In Front Digital team to discuss your requirements. Packages start at £300 per month.Back to Blog