Important Facebook Stats for 2018
2018 has been another successful year for Facebook despite recent privacy scandals and data breaches.
It is due to the vast number of people using the platform that is has become a firm favourite amongst advertisers to reach existing and new customers based on their interests and behaviours.
As 2018 is drawing to a close, let’s look back on some important statistics about Facebook, its’ users and more!
- The number of users signed up to Facebook rose to more than 2.17 billion at the start of 2018
- Facebook users increased by an impressive 15% year-on-year
- The number of teenagers using Facebook has only increased by 5% this year as they prefer other social platforms
- Users aged 65 and over using Facebook have increased by 20%
- In America, 34% of teenagers believe Facebook is “for old people”. This likely explains the slow increase in teenagers using the platform.
- Facebook is the second most popular website in the world, only being beaten by Internet giant Google where “Facebook” is the most searched query in the world!
- The average time per visit of Facebook users is over 13 minutes
- The demographic of Facebook users is fairly split at 56% male and 44% female
- 58% of total Facebook users are between the ages of 18 and 34
- Average post reach (not promoted) is 10.7% of your page likes
- Average engagement rate of non-promoted posts is 4.20%
- Only 15.5% of users access Facebook via an iOS device – a massive 76.2% use Android devices
- 74% of all Facebook users use the social platform on a daily basis
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook
- 45% of American adults use Facebook as their sole news outlet
Almost 96% of advertisers using Facebook to reach their target audience believe Facebook provides the highest ROI of any social media platform.
Considering a Facebook strategy for 2019? Get in touch now!Back to Blog